Monday, June 16, 2008

Introducing The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

"As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because—he’s a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.”
Amazon.com


This is the review of the first novel of The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer as I found it in Amazon.com. It is about a new vampire series that has become very popular amongst teenagers and adults. I admit that the theme of the saga has intrigued my interest although I haven't yet read any novel of the series. I have ordered the first novel from Amazon.com and I expect it to come in the next days. Then I intend also to come back with a review of the first novel and I hope that it will inspire me to read the following novels of the saga. In the meantime, I have to inform you that the novels were so successful that a movie is also about to come. It is expected on December 12, 2008 starring Kirsten Stewart and Robert Pattinson (he was the one who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). I am looking forward to watch this new vampire movie as well and I do hope that it will respect the vampire myth as it was renovated and vitalized by the mother of the modern vampires, Anne Rice.


For those who might be interested in finding more information about The Twilight Saga you can visit the official page of the author Stephenie Meyer: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ and the official page of the movie: http://twilightthemovie.com/

Zemanta Pixie

0 comments: